16 July 2005

People who are getting off from the train first, then getting on the train

I commute to my work by Calgary transit bus and C-Train (the LRT in town).

After I moved to Calgary, I was ignoring those people because we can see them anywhere in the world. However, I start to get irritated by those because I see so many of them in Calgary.

Those are people who get on the train without waiting for people who get off from the train.

In Japan, I believe that "people who are getting off from the train first, then getting on the train" no matter where you go, how young or old, and who you are.

Most of people who used TTC followed the "rule" in Toronto. People on Paris' metro, New York's subway, and Montreal metro were the same. I thought the "rule" was a common sense in the entire world, but I thought there might be some of C-Train users who didn't know the common sense today.

The "rule" might not be a common sense in the whole world?

This happened on the transit today:
When I opened the door (pushing the buttons on the car to open the door, like Paris' metro) to get off from the train, a white woman, who is in her late teens to early twenties, came into my way to get on. I said "again..." in my mind and I got so irritated and disappointed.

This is just an aside. When I was on the train, three white women, who were also in their late teens to early twenties, sat on the seats (there were four seats facing each other) next to me. One of those three (right in front of me) started to take off her sandal and stick her right foot to my side, just right beside my thigh and to talk about her foot to the other two. They maybe became bolder than usual because of summer and the Stampede (Calgary's biggest summer festival), but

"Isn't it too much??"

It was so disgraceful and in the other word, I was so uncomfortable.

– from still-a-developing-cosmopolitan, (more) dorky-urban (than Toronto) city, Calgary :P

No comments: