12 May 2005

Montreal

Montreal, the first Canadian city where I visited on my first trip to Canada with my ex. It was winter. It was snowy and cold as hell. (The only winter I knew at this point was the warm, low-zero-degree-high-ten-degree winter in Osaka) I have become to like the city since then. It was January, 1998.

When I finally moved to Canada in July, 1998, I got to Toronto since I was accepted by the college in Scarborough. The next month of my arrival, I visited Montreal again to see the first gay parade in my life. I felt so free and danced on Ste. Catherine after following the parade until it got dark. My ex was still living in Japan at the time and I felt lonely and missed him so much, but my ex kept telling me to enjoy myself. "Enjoy yourself," I couldn't think of it by myself. I started to learn how to enjoy myself in the summer.

I have visited Montreal so many times. I feel the city is so welcoming every time I go. That's why I like the city.

It will get harder to visit Montreal as I am moving to the West, so I decided to take a short trip before I leave from the East.

I am looking forward to hearing the Metro's announcement, "le procien estation, Place des Art" ...

Olympic Stadium, Biosphere, Habita '67, Montreal's metro, a sophisticated international city with lots of functional and disfunctional ruins from last century's post-modern.

No comments: