01 July 2005

A good summer day ~ Reserves of white trash







I was off all day today.

I slept until around the noon, I had something to eat and was totally idle, and I headed to downtown to go to Calgary Transit Centre to buy a monthly pass for next month. Then, I walked from downtown to Talisman Centre to work out. After working out, I met a Japanese guy whom I met in Calgary for drinks.

The photos are (from the top to bottom):

- One of the closest station I use, Shawnessy station

- A ruin of CP Rail station (a bridge with railway track and guides of the ruin attached) that I found on my way to Talisman Centre from Downtown

- Still flooding Elbow river that runs through the inner city

I had really good day and evening today.


He saw me off at Victoria Park Stampede stain. A few seconds after I got on the south-bound train that takes me home, I started to hear very unpleasant conversations. I was unlucky enough that I got on the train that has drunken young people who are probably in their age 18 to 20.

I don't mind the noise they make at least they don't make any physical damages to the other passengers, but a group of girls in front of me, they were throwing something each other and messing up the train. On the back of my seat, there were three white guys who started to talk to an Asian man who was still not familiar with English language. In the conversation (I was listening) even though there was no direct, politically-incorrect expression, those three, who sound like insulting the not-enough-English-proficiency Asian man, were the loudest and nastiest. The Asian man was still eagerly trying to communicate with those three without understanding the conversation. I hated to listen to the conversation. I hated myself who couldn't do anything with fear of talking to those drunken three and was just sitting still.

A good summer day and evening ended with not-feeling-good state of mind.

No comments: