02 August 2007

Grade 6 and the Cold War

Chime was ringing.
A day of classes ended.

On the fourth floor of a school building, I looked at the sky through a window in a hall way beside my homeroom class room.

The sky had really weird colours with dark clouds – red, orange, black, gray, and dark blue.
All colours were mixed up like an oil painting pallet.

I knew that there was a war that adults want to show off their bluffs each other with equipping nuclear arms in this world. I was taught that it was called Cold War.

Colours of the sky reminded me a nuclear war and scenes and images of the end of the world in animations and movies.

I got scared and I ran down on the stairs to get to the shoes change room.
I put on my pair of sneakers and put back my inside shoes to my shoe rack.

I dashed home leaving my friends behind.

When I arrived at home, my house was as empty as usual.
It was before 4 pm.

"Of course, it's empty."

My mom and dad were at work and my sis was at junior high, probably in her after-school club activities.

I turned on the TV.
I changed channels.
I watched NHK for a while – regular programs.

I learned that the world was still turning and heard the sound of rain with afar thundering.

No comments: