21 January 2013

Ontario's Health Care

I have visited a hospital in Toronto last Friday because I got excessively dehydrated from the symptoms of stomach flu. This was the third time to visit the emergency as a patient in my life in Canada since 1998. I can say that I am quite (otherwise) healthy. I stole J's Friday evening from 6pm to 1am. The total length of my visit was 5~6 hours.

It sounds like that Ontarians don't like their health care system very much because of the waiting time. There are, of course, the pros and cons depending on your needs and circumstances. Overall though, Ontario's health care system isn't that bad for cost wise if you get a treatment at a hospital and as long as it is covered by OHIP. A tip is to have a little patience even when you are in pain.

Maybe, the authority can separate the emergency (life threatening) and the outpatient (non-life threatening)?

No comments: