19 January 2014

Akira Ikegami

I am occasionally reading news in Japanese, Canadian, American, and Korean media to understand what is happening around my two home countries, but I often end up with getting confused between the media. The recent Japan and South Korea political relation is one of the mysteries to me. Japanese media don't tell the Korea-related news at all or in details and they often lack of insight commentaries. South Korean newspaper (Japanese version) has obvious criticism against anything that relates to Japanese politics. American and Canadian media often lack of understanding of the post war history between or in the 2 countries. Thus, I usually suffocate myself under the sea of information. I started to notice Akira Ikegami's news shows on the TV a couple years ago. Akira Ikegami is a Japanese journalist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Ikegami) and I am quite fond of his style of explaining and interpreting what is happening in Japan and around the world through news. In fact, I watched his show yesterday and I got more understanding of the current Japan and South Korea relations after watching. I really like his fair point of view as a journalist and his efforts to broadcast the news to make everyone in the society to understand.

No comments: